J. Chad DiGirolamo
I’m a rather exceptional individual, with a rather unique sense of humor,
or so I like to think.
To Summarize My Story
I was never in the military, but was part of a military family, which uniquely allowed me to grow up in one place – Southern Maryland. I went to college at Frostburg State University full time for a year after high school where I began my CG experience – making backgrounds for my computer. After that first year in school, during summer break, I was hired as a Illustrator by one of the largest defense contractors for the military (BAE Systems), where I worked for a little less than a year before I was picked up by a lot smaller defense contractor (EMSolutions, Inc.) that wanted to double my salary and give me a nifty little gadget, called a beeper! This allowed me to upgrade my Secret clearance obtained at BAE and receive my Top Secret SSBI Security Clearance by the time I was 19. This is also where I developed my digital art skills and love for the game – during my 8 years of solitude, in a vault, working as a graphic artist, for the “Man”, in the deep, dark underworld of DC (true story). Unfortunately for me, as an Artist, and a person who typically wants to show my work, you will probably never see it due to national security… But I have since emerged from the darkness, winced at the sun, and moved to Raleigh, North Carolina where I’ve been happily working for the past 10+ years in the public sector while receiving 2 certificates from the School of Communication Arts (Now Living Arts College) for Advanced Computer Animation, and a BS in Computer Animation at Full Sail University (Notably: Valedictorian and receiver of the Advanced Achiever Award for Computer Animation).
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Expert graphic artist and 3D Modeler with extensive experience managing creative ideas and decision making for product applications. Strong analytical and planning skills with the ability to coordinate the efforts of many to meet organizational goals. Self-motivator with high energy.
Art Direction, Creative Problem-solving, Marketing, Ad Design, Branding, Business Development, Web & Interface Design, 3D Modeling & Animation, 4-color Process, Pre-press, Storyboarding, Preproduction Shot Planning, Writing, HD Filmmaking
- Advertisement Design/Print Design 99%
- Web Design/Wordpress 96%
- Photoshop 100%
- Maya 88%
- Illustrator 98%
- Indesign 99.5%
- After Effects 80%
- Microsoft Office Suite 98%
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
2010 – 2012
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation, Valedictorian
- Recipient of the Advanced Achiever Award for Computer Animation
School of Communication Arts, Raleigh, NC
2007 – 2009
- Certificate in Advanced Digital Animation (2009)
- Certificate in Digital Animation (2008)
Sr. Designer, Applied Science International, Raleigh, NC
2006 – 2014, 2014 – Present (Contractor)
- Advertisement and marketing design/development for print and web.
- Branding of new venture initiatives.
- Design and maintenance of the corporate websites.
- Head a team of multinational creatives and programmers to meet the corporate goals.
- Creative input on all promotional materials.
- 3D Design and Animation.
- Published cover designs for Homeland Defense Journal (07/2007) and Structures Magazine (09/2007).
Freelance Character Modeler, The Great Migration, Animated Producer’s Trailer
- Modeled numerous aquatic animals for the Producer/Director using character concepts.
- Designed & modeled human character based off loose details given verbally by Director.
- Produced detailed high-resolution texture maps through Zbrush and Photoshop.
Sr. Graphic Designer & 3D Modeler, The Steel Network, Inc, Durham, NC
2006 – Present
- Work with an international graphics division to develop and manage innovative marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for the design, specification, and execution of cross channel initiatives including: branding, web, online/print advertising, catalogs, posters, tradeshow booths, logo design, packaging, and software GUI.
- Responsible for the creation of 3D models and animation for promotional and training materials.
- Current on design trends and CG tools while applying this knowledge to existing and future projects.
Modeling and Animation Lead, TSN Studios, Raleigh, NC
2007 – 2009
- Headed a team of 3D modelers and animators in the creation of demolition VFX.
- Lead supporting contact to television shows and feature films in demolition VFX modeling and animation.
- Experimented with new formats, new design directions, and ideas
Graphic Artist & Web Designer, EMSolutions, Inc. Crystal City, VA
2001 – 2006
- Held TS/SSBI Security Clearance during employment
- Prepared complex technical drawings for publications from information furnished in oral form, rough sketches or written data for top government and military officials.
- Developed editorial illustrations and creative artwork for print and web that conveyed ideas, communicated mood, emphasis, insight, and viewpoint.
Digital Illustrator, BAE Systems, Dahlgren, VA
2000 – 2001
- Produced print graphics for inner company publications.
- Created illustrations of Navy projectiles and their inner mechanics through onsite notes and memory due to photography restrictions.
- Valedictorian, Full Sail University, Class of 2012
- Advanced Achiever Award for Computer Animation, Full Sail University (2012)
- SCA Gallery Show Best in Category Award, Promo (2009)
- SCA Gallery Show Best in Category Award, Title Sequence (2009)
- SCA Gallery Show Best in Category Award, Animation Exercise (2008)
- SCA Gallery Show Best in Category Award, Industrial Design (2008)
- SCA Gallery Show Best in Category Award, 3D Model (2008)
- Governor’s Citation, Leadership in the Community (2000)
- Eagle Scout Award (1998)
Notable projects with Discovery Channel, A&E, Fox, and Paramount include:
- The Great Migration, Animated Producer’s Trailer (2013)
- Avatar (2009)
- 2012 (2009)
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)
- The Detonators (2009)
- Criss Angel Mindfreak, Episode 67/68 (2008)
Chad is the kind of artist that you wish you could clone. You can give him a project with very little details, leave him to his creative talent, and know that the finished product will be nothing less than perfect. Chad is always thinking, bringing new creative and innovative approaches to what can sometimes become very repetitive work.Steven Scoba
I have known Chad for almost 2 years now. I have had the pleasure to teach several of his classes. There are many things that I can say about Chad. He is diligent, talented, teachable and technically savvy. He truly enjoys this his medium of choice and has a bright future ahead of him. He was the lighter in the group project class I was teaching and he truly impressed me, which is hard to do. If it wasn’t for him and another student the project would have failed. I recommend Chad very highly.Kwame Hawkins
Chad is an exemplary student who gives you nothing but his best. He is very technically savvy and can tackle anything you put in front of him. Working with a student of Chad’s caliber is a pleasure. It has been an honor to watch him mature and grow as an aspiring CG Artist and I look forward to great things from him in the future.Ben Forman